Publication of the Dissertation Thesis Topics
February 15, 2024
April 15, 2024
|Sending out Invitation to Application Interviews
by May 9, 2024
May / June 2024
Announcement of Admissions Results
by June 30, 2024
Check the list of PhD study programmes and dissertation thesis (the full list is published on February 15)
Contact a supervisor listed at the chosen Dissertation Thesis and get his/her approval to apply
Fill out the ONLINE APPLICATION and upload the required documents in PDF
Send the application
R Applications received after the deadline or applications delivered in incorrect form or style will be disregarded.
Academic documents such as diplomas and transcripts of records are extremely important for your admission to UCT Prague and for our professors in providing assistance and advice regarding the degree programmes.
- Choose a Dissertation Thesis topic
- Create, and fill out an application in the Online Application System (OAS)
- Upload to OAS as an attachment (in PDF) the supervisor's confirmation that you can work on the Dissertation Thesis (communicate with the supervisor by e-mail and transfer that email to PDF); it must include: 1) the supervisor's approval, 2) your name, 3) the topic of the dissertation thesis and 4) the supervisor's department
- Upload the Medical Assessment Form⇓ confirming your fitness to study at UCT (Use the UCT Form)
- Upload the documents listed below:
- Curriculum vitae (including a list of published works, other results of professional activity, and previous experience)
- Diploma and diploma supplement
- Certificate of English Language Knowledge of at least the level B2 (Current UCT students: if you do not have a certificate, arrange an examination at the Department of Languages – it is necessary that you have completed the data in the OAS and send a request for an examination at email@example.com)
Details of English Certificate
UCT Prague requires students to have a good command of English in order to study successfully. You must provide us with proof of your English language skills.
Non-Native English Speaker
Non-native speakers are required to prove the language competence of B2+ according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
Recognized Certificates are:
- Cambridge ESOL: minimum B2 First (FCE),
- TOEFL iBT: minimum score 80,
- IELTS: minimum overall band score 6.0,
- PTE Academics: minimum score 60,
- Duolingo English Test: minimum score 110
Other Acceptable Formats:
> Confirmation of language knowledge confirmed by a language center or a language school. The confirmation will only be accepted if it confirms the minimum language level B2 and above.
Students who studied in the English language shall provide official confirmation.
Native English Speakers
Students whose mother tongue is English are excluded from this obligation.
- Motivation Letter (maximum of 2 A4 pages)
- Certificate of Recognition of Previous Education
- Send the application
- Download the application to PDF (this option is to be found in OAS), sign it and have it signed by the supervisor. After that, upload the signed application as an attachment to OAS. (Upload it to the section Detailed information on admission procedure)
In the event that the applicant successfully passes the admissions procedure, it will be necessary to provide certified copies of the Diploma and Diploma Supplement and the original Medical Assessment Form in order to be officially enrolled in the studies.
Applications are OPEN now. The admission period is February 15–April 15.
Should you need help searching for a suitable dissertation thesis topic or supervisor, please contact the respective person from your chosen faculty:
b Faculty of Chemical Technology: Ondrej.Jankovsky@vscht.cz
b Faculty of Environmental Technology: Tomas.Hlincik@vscht.cz
b Faculty of Food and Biochemical Technology: Jan.Kyselka@vscht.cz
b Faculty of Chemical Engineering: Pavel.Rezanka@vscht.cz